Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I don't get it


I don’t get it, I know it’s wrong,
Still I’ll sing that fateful song.
As if my hands are tied and bound,
Hunted by this bloodthirsty hound.

I don’t get it, it hurts inside
Yet as if my heart’s stopped beating, everything inside me’s died
So like a zombie ill stand up-straight-
And go ahead, in a trance, to ruin my fate.

I don’t get it; I constantly hurt those I love,
But my actions are thought out after; before realizing the power they have.
Like a drunken man who acted in a stupor
Then realizes, the next day, his consequences are super

I don’t get it I hate what I do,
But as Paul simply puts it it’s the sin that lives in you.
So I sin and sin, then sin some more
As if that’s not enough, I’ll add four score

It’s like I like having regrets,
It’s like I enjoy the setting guilt,
When the “oh no” from last night sets
And I tear down everything He’s built.

It’s like I enjoy the burn,
When I put my hand atop that flame,
So instead of taking a u-turn
I keep at it, awaiting the inevitable shame

I don’t get it, it hurts to hurt
But still with this danger I love to flirt
Still on my knees Ill crawl and eat dirt
Wondering THEN why it’s so impossible to unhurt

Hurt both Him and I
Both the world and time
Both the alive and the unborn
I hurt both the untouched and the scorned

So why do I sin
I still ask
If He now lives in me
Living sinless should not be such a task

3 comments:

  1. It must have taken hours on end for such depth to pen,

    The ink seems to flow from your heart right from the start, and not from the nib that marked this part,

    What ever could mend this bent state you call fate to once more be straight?

    I fear it's even more fierce, but the Word as a warrior's blade this stony heart must pierce,

    For as long as you're burnt but not charred, and broken but not marred,

    Then Hope resides within, for Hope is when we chose to look at Him and we lose sight of this sin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one too...even tho like you, I still don get it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe-you're quite the natural too...start a blog & Ill follow:))

    *sigh* NayNay-will we ever get it? it's ridiculous! sometimes it's even funny! like we know the consequences,we know what we up against,but still we run to it like it's love. nkt..

    ReplyDelete