Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I used to cry...



I used to cry everyday,
The tears an expression of things I could not say.

Pain, hurt, sorrow…
experiences no child should go through..and so much more.

Vices I saw in the world, or closer home-
in my own home.

Those who should love each other the most
ending up hurting each other more than most.

Speaking without thinking,
Turning to drinking,
Self-esteem sinking,
Wrong relationships-linking,
In a nutshell, life without living,
Chest unheaving,
You’re not breathing,
Hope you had in them shrinking.

I used to cry every day coz I had no shoulder to lean on,
No body to turn to,
No hand to hold,
Nowhere to go.

I searched for any end to the tears,
To the haunting in my dreams and the endless fears.

I still cry every day, because I still live in a world of pain
And shame..

But I cry moreso when I see how far I’ve come, rather how far He came for me,
And with that how high he lifted me and how close he held me.
A God who cried everyday until his ultimate sorrow was his son’s death,
Who was tortured and took his last breath,
For a people who caused his tears yet,
He still cried, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do”.
With love so unfailing and true,
And selfless tears shed solely for me and you.

No comments:

Post a Comment